Sitting at home with Mrs W and my daughter at the mo.
Tallulah finished school yesterday and now it’s all hands on deck for the arrival of Baby #2.
It’s a strange thing waiting for a baby to arrive.
Everyone’s on edge.
Well, I am for sure :)
Everytime Mrs W makes a noise other than words alarm bells starting ringing in my head.
Not long now though….
Today I’m gonna recommend a couple of crimbo prezzies that I think should ask Santa for.
Something that’ll help up your game in the New Year and burn more fattimus from your assimus.
So, let’s get stuck in…
1. A Kettlebell – if you’ve been hitting my bodyweight workouts, but are looking to up your fitness AND fat loss, then a kettlebell is the next step. Not only will kettlebells work you harder, but it’ll also spice up your workouts. Combine kettlebell training with bodyweight exercises like I do in the Lean Bells MK-3 System and you’ll be on fire!
2. FitBit – Hmmm, I was hesitant to jot this one down, because these things are really not my bag. Mostly down to my personality and the fact that many of these wearable fitness gadgets overestimate your calorie burning and tell you nothing about the effectiveness of your training afterwards. Having said that, I know there are tons of people who love to count calories burnt, steps, etc. etc so if that’s you and it’ll help you stay on the straight and narrow, give it a whirl.
3. Suspension Trainer – The TRX has cornered the market on suspension trainers, but you’re paying for the brand name and it comes with a hefty price tag. Better to get the WOSS Military strap trainer on Amazon for a fraction of the cost.
4. Tough Mudder – this is without a doubt the best fitness event I’ve done. Let’s be fair, running is a bit dull, but when you throw in some whacky obstacles you can jazz it up and have some fun. Especially, if you get a few peeps to join in with you. Plus, they’ve just started doing shorter distances for those that are not quite up to the 11 mile jaunt.
5. Spotify/Google Music – it doesn’t matter whether you’re in the gym or at home banging out a ton of burpees, you need some music mojo to help you stay on the straight and narrow.
Right, hope you’ve been good this year and Santa will deliver one of the above ;)
P.S. If you want to treat yourself before crimbo and keep the festive fat at bay, then hop on over HERE.